Safeguarding is at the heart of our Christian faith. We are all made unique and in the image of God.
‘Jesus came that we might have life and have it in abundance’ John 10 v 10.
St Giles’s works to encourage a safe environment for children and for adults at risk (formerly, vulnerable adults) who visit, worship or work at St Giles’ Cripplegate.
The PCC has adopted the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy “Towards a Safer Diocese’ (2018)” www.london.anglican.org/support/safeguarding/safeguarding-policy/
To contact a member of our Safeguarding team use the email adddress provided, include your name with a phone number or email address where you can be contacted, and they will be in touch as soon as possible.
Our Safeguarding officers are -
CHAMPION FOR ADULTS AT RISK
formerly, Champion for Vulnerable Adults)
Diana Morgan Gray
HELP AND GUIDANCE
• NSPCC for adults concerned about a child - 0808 800 5000
• Childline for children and young people - 0800 1111
• Action on Elder Abuse helpline - 0808 808 8141
• 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline - 0808 2000 247
• NAPAC offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse - 08088010331
• Stop It Now preventing child sexual abuse - 0808 1000 900
• Cruse bereavement helpline - 0808 808 1677
• Family Lives support and advice on family issues - 0808 800 222
• MACSAS (Minister And Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors) for people who have been abused by church officers - 0808 801 0340
• Samaritans for people struggling to cope and needing someone to talk to - 116 123
Some sources of support for victims and families of abuse
• THE SURVIVORS TRUST http://thesurvivorstrust.org/
Everything you and we need to know about Safeguarding in a Church of England Parish is available in the Parish Safeguarding Handbook at www.churchofengland.org/sites/default/files/2018-10/Parish%20Safeguarding%20Handbook%20October%202018.pdf
Where to visit us:-
St Giles' Cripplegate Church
London EC2Y 8DA
Registered Charity Number 1138077
Services and church opening hours
Thursday 30 May Ascension Day
There will be no Holy Communion Service at St Giles'.
St Paul's Cathedral
08.00 and 12.30 Eucharist
17.30 Choral Eucharist
08.00 Holy Communion (First Sunday in the month)
16.00 Evening Prayer
Evening Prayer may be cancelled on the Sunday after Christmas and on Easter Day or during August. The service may also be cancelled if no key holder is available or it may take place in the rectory instead.
16.00 Sunday 10 May
A Service of Commendation for Brother Kentigern SSF, 1960-2019, on the eve of his funeral.
08.30 Morning Prayer (Monday-Thursday)
The church is normally open from 11.00-16.00 Monday to Friday.
Monthly Private Prayer and Reflection
These sessions are held on the first Thursday of the month., from 13.00-13.30.
2019 2 May, 6 June and 4 July
These sessions are normally held on the first Thursday of the month from 13.30-15.00. Some gentle cleaning and tea and cakes at the end.
2019 6 June and 4 July
2019 Dates of PCC meetings in church at 19.30
Tuesday 16 July
Monday 9 September
Tuesday 19-November at 19.30 in church
Parish Office Opening Hours
Tel: 020 7638 1997