Safeguarding is at the heart of our Christian faith. We are all made unique and in the image of God.
‘Jesus came that we might have life and have it in abundance’ John 10 v 10.
St Giles’ works to encourage a safe environment for children and for adults at risk (formerly, vulnerable adults) who visit, worship or work at St Giles’ Cripplegate.
The PCC has adopted the Diocesan Safeguarding Policy ” Towards a Safer Diocese (2018)
To contact a member of our Safeguarding team use the email adddress provided, include your name with a phone number or email address where you can be contacted, and they will be in touch as soon as possible.
Our Safeguarding officers are -
CHAMPION FOR ADULTS AT RISK
formerly, Champion for Vulnerable Adults)
Diana Morgan Gray
HELP AND GUIDANCE
• NSPCC for adults concerned about a child - 0808 800 5000
• Childline for children and young people - 0800 1111
• Action on Elder Abuse helpline - 0808 808 8141
• 24-hour National Domestic Violence helpline - 0808 2000 247
• NAPAC offer support and advice to adult survivors of childhood abuse - 08088010331
• Stop It Now preventing child sexual abuse - 0808 1000 900
• Cruse bereavement helpline - 0808 808 1677
• Family Lives support and advice on family issues - 0808 800 222
• MACSAS (Minister And Clergy Sexual Abuse Survivors) for people who have been abused by church officers - 0808 801 0340
• Samaritans for people struggling to cope and needing someone to talk to - 116 123
Some sources of support for victims and families of abuse
• THE SURVIVORS TRUST http://thesurvivorstrust.org/
Everything you and we need to know about Safeguarding in a Church of England Parish is available in the Parish Safeguarding Handbook
Where to visit us:-
St Giles' Cripplegate Church
London EC2Y 8DA
Registered Charity Number 1138077
From 3 December with the lifting of the lockdown restrictions public worship in churches will again be permitted.
Sunday 6 December Advent 2
10.00 Parish Eucharist
The church service this Sunday will be broadcast via our YouTube link
Download Music and Readings and Service booklet here
Please click here if you would like to make a donation.
11.00 Virtual Coffee Morning via Zoom
Join the Coffee Morning here
08.30 Morning Prayer (Monday to Thursday in the Chancel)
9 and 23 December
Home Prayer Group - Lectio Divina 19.30 via Zoom. To join contact Suzanne Royce firstname.lastname@example.org
The church is open for private prayer
The church iremains open from 11.00-16.00 Monday-Friday for private prayer. Please observe social distancing and any other instructions required when visiting the church.
Private Prayer and Reflection on first Thursday of the month
You are invited to join others in church on Thursday 5 November Please bring the monthly prayer sheet here. If you are not able to join us, we hope you will continue to pray with us wherever you are.
Future Dates 3 December
The monthly sessions on the first Thursday of the month from 13.30-15.00.
Future Dates 3 December
2020 Dates of PCC meetings in church at 19.30
Parish Office Opening Hours
Tel: 020 7638 1997
Watch the Ordination of our Curate Alex Norris and other Ordinands in the Diocese of London at St Giles’ by +Joanne, Bishop of Stepney