Social and online media community guidelines
Our community guidelines have been created to encourage conversations that reflect our values. They apply to all content posted on the social media accounts run by St. Giles’ Cripplegate.
Social media is a very public way of enabling us as Christians to live out our calling to share the good news of Jesus Christ. One of its many joys is that it is immediate, interactive, conversational and open-ended. This opportunity comes with a number of downsides if users do not apply the same common sense, kindness and sound judgement that we would use in a face-to-face encounter.
These guidelines are built on universal principles.
In our church online activity, we agree to:
· Be safe. The safety of children, young people and vulnerable adults must be maintained. If you have any concerns, ask a diocesan safeguarding adviser.
· Be respectful. Do not post or share content that is sexually explicit, inflammatory, hateful, abusive, threatening or otherwise disrespectful.
· Be kind. Treat others how you would wish to be treated and assume the best in people. If you have a criticism or critique to make, consider not just whether you would say it in person, but the tone you would use.
· Be honest. Don’t mislead people about who you are.
· Take responsibility. You are accountable for the things you do, say and write. Text and images shared can be public and permanent, even with privacy settings in place. If you’re not sure, don’t post it.
· Be a good ambassador. Personal and professional life can easily become blurred online so think before you post.
· Disagree well. Some conversations can be places of robust disagreement and it’s important we apply our values in the way we express them.
· Credit others. Acknowledge the work of others. Respect copyright and always credit where it is due. Be careful not to release sensitive or confidential information and always question the source of any content you are considering amplifying.
· Follow the rules. Abide by the terms and conditions of the various social media platforms themselves. If you see a comment that you believe breaks their policies, then please report it to the respective company.
St Giles' Cripplegate Church
London EC2Y 8DA
Registered Charity Number 1138077
8.30- 8.50 Morning Prayer
10.00-11.10 Parish Eucharist with Sunday Club
4.00-4.45 Choral Evensong on 1st Sunday of the month.
4.00-4.45 Little St Luke's Church at St Luke's CofE Primary School on 2nd Sunday of the month
4.00-4.20 Evening Prayer
on 3rd, 4th and 5th Sundays in the month.
8.30 - 8.50 Morning Prayer
5.30 - 5.50 Evening Prayer
6.00 - 6.20 Holy Eucharist
Lectio Divina on Zoom at 7.30pm.
Please contact Susan Royce for details email@example.com
2024 Dates for Silent Prayer from 1-1.30 pm and Cleaning Angels from 1.30-3pm with tea and cake, on first Thursday of the month.
You are invited to join others in church on the first Thursday of the month.
If you are not able to join us, we hope you will continue to pray with us wherever you are.
2024 Dates for Standing Committee Meetings - held in the Rectory at 6.15pm
2024 Dates for PCC Meetings
(please note the themes for each meeting in Dark Blue) held in the church at 7.30pm but in the Rectory when with Supper
Parish Office Hours
For the Parish Administrator
Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am-4pm
Phone 07535 442955 or
For the Bookings and Events Co-ordinator, Buildings Supervisor
Phone 07766 202731 or
Safeguarding is at the heart of our Christian faith. We are all made unique and in the image of God.
‘Jesus came that we might have life and have it in abundance’ John 10 v 10.
St Giles’ works to ensure a safe environment for everyone. Please click the ‘safeguarding' tab on this website for more information.